On September 22, 2023, AFPMBAI marked its 58th anniversary at Tejeros Hall, Armed Forces of the Philippines Commissioned Officers’ Country, Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo, Quezon City. The event, attended by Chief of Staff, Armed Forces of the Philippines, General Romeo S Brawner Jr Philippine Army; members of the AFPMBAI Board of Trustees, executives, managers; commanding officers and members of the various service branches; Insurance Commission executives; and private sector partners; celebrated the Association’s rich history and ongoing commitment.
Ms. Kaye Co and Mr. Vince Pangilinan, the masters of ceremony, set the tone for the main anniversary program. MGen Henry M Doyaoen PA (Ret), Corporate Services Group Head and Chief Corporate Services Officer, formally opened the program, welcoming members and esteemed guests to the milestone event.
The event showcased AFPMBAI’s initiatives and achievements spanning its 58 years of existence.
Sales and Operations Updates
Operational projects and developments were presented by MGen Nathaniel Y Casem PN(M) (Ret), Sales Operations Group Head and Chief Operating Officer.
Key highlights include:
- P1 Billion Net Income in 2022
- P39 Billion Total Assets in 2022
- Release of 2022 Policy Dividends (P189 Million)
- Enhanced Salary Loan (up to P500,000.00)
- Lower salary loan redemption insurance and credit redemption insurance rates (35 to 40% lower than previous rates)
- MoneyCarsary Raffle Promo with a P580,000 grand prize in the 1st draw (13 September 2023), and a 2023 Ford Ranger pickup truck grand prize in the 2nd draw (20 December 2023)
- Brand campaign on primary insurance and loan products with 1LT Ronnie D Liang PA (Res)
- Development of new products and services (10-pay Whole Life Plan, Critical Illness Product, College Education Plan with graduation bonus, Possible partnership with HMO company for a health care coverage, and Improvement of the Wounded-in-action and Battle Injury Assistance)
BGen Bienvenido Y Regondola Jr PA (Ret), AFPMBAI President and CEO, highlighted additional achievements, emphasizing the commitment to be an industry leader.
Noteworthy points include:
P2 billion CSR milestone
- Corporate Governance Score increase to 84.88%
- 1 Golden Arrow Awardee for the 2nd year in a row
- Patronage promotions for members (INSUride raffle, promoting permanent and individual insurance plans; Beat the Heat promo, giving incentive to those who availed of real estate loans; Watch up Member Promo, where smart watches were given to members who got approved Enhanced Salary Loans; MoneyCarsary raffle promo, where entries were earned for every P100,000 loan or insurance amount)
- Kaagapay Member to Member Referral Promo (continued until June 2023), for members who submitted successful sign-ups of MBAI Secure and MBAI iProtek
- Expansion of Regional Sales and Service Centers (RSSCs)
Gen Brawner praised AFPMBAI’s resilience and unwavering devotion since its inception, underscoring its role as a pillar of strength. Apart from that, the general remarked that, “We are more than a financial safety net. In fact, we are a reliable presence, a source of comfort and stability in their lives. Our service does not stop at financial assistance. Our initiatives include our plowback program, supporting the various service branches with essential equipment and resources. Additionally, we are committed to fostering an all-around development of our members and their families through educational seminars and skills development workshops.”
The theme “AFPMBAI: Katuwang sa 58 taon, Kasangga sa Habang Panahon” signify a commitment to members amid challenges. Gen Brawner encouraged everyone with his ending statement, “Let the 58-year legacy of AFPMBAI inspire us to continue building a culture of service, unity and growth. As we forge ahead, let us remember that our strength lies in what we can give, in the lives we can touch, and in the futures we can change.”
Other Highlights of the Main Program
- Additional musical flair from the song numbers of the AFPMBAI Chorale, and brand ambassador, 1Lt Ronnie D Liang (AGS) PA (Res)
- Raffle prizes for uniformed services members ranging from pre-drawn cash prizes (10 winners of P500 each, 10 winners of P1,000 each and 10 winners of P2,000 each) to the live draw of four major prizes (1 winner of P7,000, 1 winner of P10,000, 1 winner of P15,000, 1 winner of P20,000) and a grand prize of P58,000 in line with the Association’s 58th anniversary
Financial Literacy Talk
After the main program, a financial management talk by Ms Janice Sabitsana enlightened members on the psychology of money management. Attendees gained a fresh perspective, emphasizing that money is a tool for leading a fulfilling life. Lucky participants won small gadgets, with an LED TV as the grand prize.